The file format libopenraw supports even partially:
- Adobe DNG
- Epson ERF
- Fuji RAF
- Minolta MRW
- Nikon NEF and NRW
- Olympus ORF
- Panasonic RAW and RW2
- Pentax PEF
- Sony ARW
Known compression schemes used.
The file format that are not supported due to lack of documentation, sample or resources. There is a plan to support them in the long term. Any help is welcome.
MakerNotes usually store the lens type in some way. Sometime as a string, sometime as an numerical ID, or something else. There is no standard and it is mostly per vendor.
See NEF documentation
See PEF documentation
See CR2 documentation
- http://crousseau.free.fr/imgfmt_raw.htm (via the Internet Archive) (in French, by one of the developers of DxO)
- The excellent File Format section from the archive team wiki
The internet is somewhat rich in sample files. The manufacturers however don’t provide any. Some sources:
- https://raw.pixls.us/ the most comprehensive repository for CC-0 RAW files..
- http://raw.fotosite.pl/ (via the Internet Archive) has a public repository of RAW files from various camera.
- http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/TEST_IMAGES/RAW/ from the Digikam team.
- Imaging Resource has a lot of sample files attached to their reviews.
- DPReview also has RAW files for comparison
- Photographyblog has RAW sample in ther reviews.