This is a bunch of links to external documentation. (currently unchecked)
- dcraw the current reference implementation for RAW decoding.
- jrawio a Java library that implements RAW image decoding
- exifprobe (via Internet Archive) (exifprobe new home on github) and Exiv2 that decode several raw files
- dcraw tutorial explain of dcraw works: a basic insight on RAW processing.
- Debayering a CR2 image with openCV more question asked than answered but it give some overview of the process.
- Developing a RAW photo by hand part 1 and part 2 - an exploration into the pipeline and how to work it.
- Pixel Grouping
- RGB/XYZ matrixes the applied mathematics to transform colours
- Chromatic adaptation converting colourspaces using linear algebra, a direct application of the above.